Saturday 14 April 2012

Topman AAA Collection

I have a love/hate relationship with high street store Topman. The majority of the clothing they produce is often out of season, was never in season, over-worn, and generally tacky. These clothes tend to be worn by the wrong people who think they're being alternative and edgy by swapping their Adidas for chinos. My friend and I have a game where we walk around Topman smiling, and we're not allowed to frown or cringe at anything. I haven't lasted a minute yet.

When Topman get it wrong, they get it incredibly wrong (see here). But when they get it right, they do incredibly well. They did so with their AAA collection, which has recently been taken out of stores unfortunately - which I'd like to think was because it was far too fashionable for the 'chindie' men - however most of the items are available for purchase online.



Ignoring the later items in the collection, i.e. the blue dip dyed gloves and tartan shirt which has no cohesion with the rest of the collection what so ever, it is incredibly up my street. My personal favourites are the cable knit jumpers, string vests and the glitter trousers. I'm not really too sure what occasion you would wear the final item to, but still a fun idea. I think I've spent a fair amount of my wages on the AAA collection, and I definitely think you should too! Get it while it's still there.

And because I'm so kind I've provided you with a link: http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?langId=-1&storeId=12555&catalogId=33056&beginIndex=1&viewAllFlag=false&pageSize=20&searchTermScope=3&searchTermOperator=LIKE&searchType=ALL&sort_field=Relevance&searchTerm=aaa&x=0&y=0

No comments:

Post a Comment